Son of a beach
For about 2 months I’ve wanted nothing but to go to the beach. And honestly, I have no idea why.
1. I don’t have a beach body. I’m not even sure if my swimsuit still fits. I was barely pregnant when I last wore it.
2. I HATE that post beach feeling. Gritty. Sticky. Crunchy hair. Tired. Raw from the realization that sunburn is setting in (let’s face it, mom is the LAST person who gets the sunscreen and it’s usually a self spray jobber that DOES NOT cover all the nooks and crannies)
3. I have a new car. I’m not ready for salt soaked seats and sand that will NEVER come out no matter how many times you vacuum.
4. The packing and preparation. It takes longer to pack and get ready than the time you actually spend at the beach.
5. Did I mention the inevitable sunburn?
Despite all these reasons, I really want to go. And this reason trumps all the ones above: